Back in the day, slot players had to limit themselves to the classic three-reel slots that land-based gambling venues had to offer. But with the advent of online casinos, slot players now have a variety of online slot games to choose from, including 3D slots, progressive jackpots and multi-line slots.
Multi-Line Slots are an interesting type of online slots that comes with multiple betting lines. This article explores the basics and working of Multi-Line slots. Also, we offer an overview of the different Multi-Line slot types. Read on!
What Are Online Multi-Line slots?
Multi-Line slots are an exciting online slot variation to try your hands at. They are more sophisticated than single-line slots in terms of themes and available gameplay features. A great thing about Multi-Line slots is that they offer players the chance to maximise their winning chances by forming a winning combination on multiple paylines. Depending on your chosen online slot, the available wagering lines can range anywhere between 20 to 100. It’s worth noting that some top Multi-Line slots also come with a few hundred paylines.
The payout rate in many Multi-Line slots is in accordance with the number of available paylines. Usually, the higher the number of available paylines, the smaller the potential payout for basic symbols tends to be. But there are some exceptions to this.
The Working of Multi-Line slots Explained
Going through the paytable of your chosen Multi-Line slot game is probably the best way to get connected with it before wagering real cash. The paytable is where you’ll find information on the number of available paylines and their working in your chosen Multi-Line slot game.
Once you’ve gathered enough information about your selected Multi-Line slot game, follow the below steps to initiate the gameplay action:
- Choose your preferred Multi-Line slot game and add funds to your casino account. The top online casinos like ours have a number of payment options to choose from.
- Determine the amount you wish to wager on every spinning round. Then use the “Minimum” and “Maximum” wager buttons to adjust your stake size. All Multi-Line slots allow you to adjust your stake size as you continue playing. But it’s always a good idea to have a set bankroll budget and stick to it.
- Given that you’re playing a Multi-Line slot game, you’ll have to choose the number of paylines you wish to keep active. Many Multi-Line slots feature a “Max” button that selects all paylines. You can use it if you want all your wagering lines to remain active.
- After setting your wagering amount and number of active paylines, hit the “Spin” button to start the gameplay action.
- Many Multi-Line slots available at our online casino come with the “Auto” and “Turbo” gameplay features. You can use them to automate the reels spinning action and to speed up the gameplay.
Types of Multi-Line Slots
Multi-Line slots can be classified into different types based on the types of paylines they feature. Below we’ve detailed the five most common slot payline categories:
The name of these paylines says it all. Multi-Line slots featuring fixed paylines come with a set number of paylines and you need to wager on all of them if you want to play the given slot game. As such, slot games with fixed paylines usually cost more than the ones with adjustable paylines. So, fixed payline slots are preferred by players who’ve got significant bankroll amounts.
Unlike fixed paylines, you don’t need to wager on every line in slot games with adjustable paylines. Here, you get the flexibility in terms of deciding the number of paylines you wish to keep active.
Multi-Line slots featuring Win-Both-Ways paylines are quite popular among online slot players. This is because they allow players to form winning combinations in two ways – from left to right and right to left. As such, players have twice the chance of forming a winning combination on a single spin.
This is an innovative paylines mechanism that can be found in several Multi-Line slot games. Here, players have 243 different ways to form a winning combination on the reels.
Developed by renowned game provider Big Time Gaming, the Megaways mechanism has fundamentally changed the way we play slot games. When playing Megaways Multi-Line slots, the number of symbols on each reel can change randomly with every spin. That way, there are different numbers of winning ways on every spin.
Bonus Features in Multi-Line slots
As mentioned earlier, Multi-Line slots come with several exciting gameplay features. Below we’ve listed some of them:
– Slots wilds can be found in numerous Multi-Line slot games. Put simply, slot wilds are special symbols that have the potential to replace any basic icon. That way, players have the chance to form increased winning combos when playing Multi-Line slots.
– These are the second most popular type of special icon that can be found in numerous Multi-Line slots. You can think of scatter symbols as special bonus icons. Usually, the main function of scatter symbols is to activate the free spins feature. But they can sometimes trigger other bonus rounds as well.
– Multi-Line slots featuring progressive jackpots are preferred by many slot players. The way progressive jackpots differ from traditional jackpots is that the prize amount for the former increases with every bet made. And the progressive jackpot amount keeps on rising until it’s won by a lucky player.
So, this covers our comprehensive overview of Multi-Line slots. To sum up, Multi-Line slots are an exciting way to enjoy slot gaming online. We’ve got a vast selection of Multi-Line slots from some of the top software providers in the industry. Choose your favourite Multi-Line slot and start playing today!