3 card poker games are one of the most exciting games that you will find at online casinos. It has gained a lot of popularity over the years. What makes this game unique is the fact that you play the game against the house and not the other players. The best thing about 3 card poker is that it is easy to play. However, it requires a little skill, knowledge, and strategy. So, if you are planning to indulge in this table game at the mobile casino online, here is a comprehensive guide to enhancing your winning chances. Let’s take a look!
Important Factors to Know Before Getting Started with 3 Card Poker Game
To make the most of the 3 card poker game and enjoy it to the core, you must have an idea of how it is played. Here are some of the important factors you need to know before indulging in the three card poker game.
The core objective of three card poker is to beat the house. Having a better hand than the dealer allows you to win the table game. So, your ultimate aim in the game is to create the best 3 card poker hand possible.
In order to play the 3 card poker game, you must be familiar with its requirements. Well, the requirement of this game is minimal. All you need is the betting chips and a deck consisting of 52 cards. If you are playing the game at an online casino UK, you will find virtual representations of the playing chips and the cards.
Another important factor that you need to know is the rankings of three card poker hands. A point to note here is that the rankings of this game are a little different from the regular poker game. In 5 card poker, you must have an idea that the flushes outrank straights. However, that is not the case in the 3 card poker game. In this game, it is the straights that outrank the flushes.
Here is all you need to know about the rankings, starting from the best to the worst.
- Straight Flush – 3 cards having consecutive values and belonging to the same suit.
- 3 of a kind – 3 cards that have equal values.
- Straight – 3 cards having consecutive values.
- Flush – 3 cards belonging to the same suit.
- Pair – 2 equal and matching cards.
- Value, in addition to one kicker
- High card – Non-paired cards having no consecutive order or matching suit.
How to Play the Game of 3 Card Poker
Want to play the game of 3 card poker? If yes, here are the steps you will have to follow.
- At the beginning of the game, the player will place an ante wager or a pair plus wager or both. They bet on the fact that they will have a have of a minimum a pair or better.
- After the wagers are placed, three cards will be dealt to each of the players at the table and dealer. The cards will be dealt face down. Remember, you are playing against the dealer and not the other players.
- The player will then evaluate his hand and decide whether to place a play wager or not. The play wager must be equal to the amount of the ante wager. As per the experts, if you have a hand greater than four, six, and queen, you must choose to play. However, if you have any hand apart from that, it is better to fold.
- In case the player chooses to fold, the hand is considered to be over. The dealer will collect the ante wager and even the pair plus wager. However, if the player decides to play, the card will be turned to check whether the player has a better hand compared to the dealer or not.
- In case the dealer has got a hand of jack-high or worse, the player will get back the play wager. However, if the dealer has got a hand of queen-high or better, the ante wager and the play wager will be paid out in a ratio of 1 to 1. But a condition is that the player needs to have a better hand compared to the dealer.
- In case the hand of the dealer is superior, both the play bets and ante bets are collected. The pair plus bet will be determined irrespective of what the dealer has.
Etiquette of 3 Card Poker
Now that you know how the 3 card poker game is played, it is also important to know about its etiquette. Here is all you need to know.
- Folding hand – If you have anted-up but are not willing to play the hand, all you need to do is toss the cards towards the dealer. It will let the dealer know that you want to fold.
- Playing the hand – If you have anted-up and want to play the hand, you need to arrange the cards from high to low. Next, you need to place the cards horizontally, face down. Then place the play wager above the cards.
- Tipping – In the game of 3 card poker, it is considered to be a custom to tip the dealer on winning the game. The frequency and amount of tipping will vary from player to player. In general, a tip of 10% is considered to be acceptable. After a hand, if you are willing to tip the dealer of the game, all you have to do is place the tip towards the right of any of the betting circles.
By now, you must have a complete idea of the 3 card poker game. It is time to find the right platform and get started. Whether you want to play the three card game or video poker online, make sure to select a reputed casino site that can provide you with an exceptional gaming experience. Register today and enjoy the table game.